Well, I updated the minihomer script described in this post. The issue was that the old script just output one GPX file describing the complete miniHomer’s log — currently around 23MB, comprising two continents. Although the GPX file is internally grouped into tracks, it’s quite cumbersome and slow to open with viking (which is not viking’s fault). Therefore, I added a few lines to use the gpxsplitter python script at the very end in the “dump” option. It simply takes the existing gpx file and outputs single files containing just one track, which is exactly what I wanted.

Here’s the script: minihomertool, version 2011-09-24